Since 1974, Prescott Park Arts Festival has reached over 3.5 million people through more than 10,000 productions and presentations.
Over the years, the Festival has conducted several surveys to determine exactly who its audience is, which assisted in compiling the following conclusions:
- Nearly 150,000 people attend events
- More than 33% of those people travel more than 30 miles
- Roughly 39% of our audience lives within a 10-mile radius
- Nearly 52% of all Festival audiences state they come to Portsmouth solely to attend Festival events
- One-third of our audience stated they would not come to Portsmouth as often
if the arts festival did not occur
- On average, groups of four or more, mostly families, attend the majority of festival events
Based on surveys taken through the Arts in Prosperity IV study, it was determined Prescott Park Arts Festival contributes over $7 million to the local economy during the Festival season.
For feedback click here.